Once again, we are pleased to offer our Camp Shofar program for the High Holy Days, this year via Zoom only.
- Camp will be in session for children from Preschool up to Fifth Grade on the First & Second Days of Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur
- Camp will be in session for children from Preschool up to Seventh Grade on the Second Day of Rosh Hashanah only.
Camp hours will be:
– 11:00-11:45 am on the First Day of Rosh Hashanah (September 19) and Yom Kippur (September 28)
– 10:00-10:45 am on the Second Day of Rosh Hashanah (September 20)
Camp Shofar will include:
- A 45-minute program for all ages with a balance of educational and social components
- Arts and Crafts packages for all three days which parents can pick up at CBJ
- Age-appropriate groups for all campers led by our fantastic Religious School educators
There are two goals for Camp Shofar. Our first is for children to develop a spiritual connection to Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur. Our second is to create an opportunity for children to build a strong feeling of community, make friends, and have a fun, meaningful High Holy Day experience.
There is no fee for the Camp Shofar this year, however we would be very grateful for some donation of $18 or more to cover the cost of supplies and educators’ stipends.
Registration will be online only through September 13 (registration will be closed after September 13). Space is limited to keep Zoom classes small and we want to make sure we have enough staff and Arts and Crafts packages so your children will have a meaningful and enjoyable Camp Shofar experience.
Please make sure to create a comfortable environment for your children during our Camp Shofar sessions such as
- A fully charged and compatible device that will be used during our Zoom sessions.
- A couple of pieces of paper and a pencil
- Positive attitude and a smile
If you have any questions, please contact Natalya Martyushova, Director of Family and Educational Programs by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (650) 366-8481, ext. 349
We look forward to seeing you and your children online and sharing the celebration of the High Holy Days together. Shanah Tova!
Registration for Camp Shofar has closed.