Our clergy will be teaching on Sunday mornings in members’ living rooms focusing on topics of current interest. Sign up HERE to learn more and to register.
Ongoing Drop-In Courses
Yearlong drop-in classes are offered without a fee, with no registration required, including:
- Torah Study: Shabbat morning at 9:00-10:00 a.m. prior to services. This is a close reading in English, sequentially. The class started with Genesis in 2005 and reached Numbers in 2015.
- Mondays with Meaning: Mondays at 10:30-11:30 a.m. Led by the Congregation Beth Jacob clergy, these classes focus on discussions of seasonal holiday themes, texts, traditions, literature and philosophy.
- 2nd Friday Speaker: Following Kabbalat Shabbat services on the 2nd Friday of each month from the High Holydays through Shavuot, Congregation Beth Jacob invites scholars, civic and business leaders to share their experiences and ideas.
- Book Clubs: The Women’s Book Group meets monthly at 7:30-9:00 p.m. Check our calendar for the next date.
Year Long cyclical classes are offered with both a fee and registration, including:
- Beginning Hebrew – Wednesdays at 7:00-8:15 p.m. The class will study Hebrew reading and writing, learning the Alef-Bet, and understanding the meaning of prayers through the study of the Hebrew roots meaning and tradition. The class will be taught by Esti Ben David. Fee is $115 for CBJ members, payable to Esti.
- Adult B’nai Mitzvah – Taught by the CBJ clergy, this class meets over 2 years.The next cycle will begin Winter 2017.